This renewal course is designed to teach the knowledge and skills required to implement the American Heart Association’s ACLS treatment guidelines in the learner’s practice setting and improve the outcomes for adult patients with cardiac arrest and other cardiopulmonary emergencies. A current ACLS provider manual is required to attend. If you do not own the updated version, you must purchase prior to class.
Audience: The material in this course is targeted to those experienced ACLS providers who routinely use ACLS as a part of their job duties. The participant in this course is a currently active healthcare provider based in a setting that requires ACLS knowledge and skills as a condition of employment. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units. The AHA’s course is the premier ACLS training for healthcare providers. The evidence-based content and well-tested teaching methodology can dramatically improve the learning and retention of lifesaving skills.
Prerequisites: Participant must have and show their current AHA ACLS Provider Card.
Cost: $125.00 per person - If you would like to add BLS, it will be $35.00 extra
Providers enrolling in the ACLS Renewal course are required to be proficient in the following:
• Performing BLS CPR skills using 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
• Reading and interpreting ECGs
• Understanding ACLS drugs
• Performing the BLS Survey and the ACLS Survey
Participants will also be required to self assess their level of knowledge and skills by logging onto the American Heart Association web site (www.heart.org/eccstudent using the password “compression”) prior to registration.
Student materials required:
Item# 15-1005 - ACLS Provider Manual which includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set
Upon successful completion, students receive an American Heart Association ACLS Provider Card, valid for two years.
Not sure if this is the right course for you? We’re more than happy to help you determine what you need. Please call our office at (480) 998-5193 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM, so we can help you find the course you need.
There is a non- refundable fee of $50 for a cancellation of less than 5 days.
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM (full)Glendale 51st Ave / Thunderbird
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 9:00 AM (40 seats left)Mesa - Country Club / Brown
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 9:30 AM (40 seats left)Glendale 51st Ave / Thunderbird
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 9:00 AM (40 seats left)Mesa - Country Club / Brown
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM (40 seats left)Glendale 51st Ave / Thunderbird